One of my favorite things about playing music is teaching others – whether that’s workshops, long term coaching, or just one off lessons. I’ve been teaching since about 1998 and have helped hundreds of students in their musical journey.
Since the pandemic, I’ve changed my teaching style to be more of a coach than simply an instructor. This just means that instead of paying for just one session per week or so – my students get all the below:
- One ~60 minute lesson per week
- Custom chord charts for songs we work including melody, chord positions, and solo ideas
- Custom practice exercises geared towards your goals
- Shared chord charts and exercises created for other students
- Connect with me nearly any time via chat or video session during the week
- Custom video responses to “outside of lesson” questions to help guide you
- At least 1 bad joke per month – great for annoying your friends and stage banter
If you’re not ready for a weekly lessons, I can also provide “drop in” lessons when I have availability in my schedule.
Personal coaching Plans
- Via Zoom
- $70 / week pay as you go (or drop in) OR
- $280 / monthly subscription (8% discount and includes 4 free lessons a year)
- In-home lessons (Seattle WA or during tour / travel to your state)
- $80 / week pay as you go (or drop in) OR
- $325 / monthly subscription (6% discount and includes 4 free lessons a year)
For Zoom lessons, you’ll need:
- Computer with a camera
- Decent internet connection with the ability to support a video connection
- Zoom (please refer to the setup information here)
- WhatsApp for mid-week communications and video sharing – not required but highly recommended
- PayPal or Venmo account for payment
Being someone that firmly believes music should be available for all, I also provide a slew of free lessons on this site that are available to anyone. Also, if you’d like to take a lesson but can’t afford my rate, I am willing to work on a sliding scale for those that are cash strapped. Just contact me and let me know – we’ll see if we can work something out.
Oh, and feel free to subscribe to my site below to get for free mandolin lessons and song breakdowns emailed to you!